Thursday, March 8, 2007

Mini Cooper Musings

Thanks to CCCC for promoting Financial Peace University at the church. Although my wife and I are just 6 weeks into it, it has already made a life changing impact. I honestly just feel foolish that I haven't applied these principals before. There's nothing really new here, for me, except the encouragement that it is worth the trouble to figure out how much money you are spending every month. I know, I know, that seems elementary. But that's just the point! I've always felt I made enough to cover it all so why bother knowing exactly? Well, in the words of Brian Regan "I know now!" The fact is, I was spending way too much on little things here and there, and, every now and then, a little bigger thing.
Dave Ramsey, on the DVD presentation, is wonderfully encouraging each week, and, for me, is reinforcing things that I already knew about but wasn't applying. I highly encourage everyone who hasn't done this series before to do it.

No comments: